The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, July 29, 2013

13 weeks




Secret’s out! All of our relatives and close friends received their pregnancy announcements over the weekend, and today we made it Facebook official! Everyone finally knows about Baby Leschke, and we couldn’t be more excited. It feels even more real now that all of our loved ones know, and it has been so fun to get congratulatory phone calls, emails, and messages from everyone. The support and well wishes have been overwhelming, and have reminded us how truly blessed we are to have such wonderful family members and friends in our lives.  

In addition to the big announcement, LOTS of other things happened this week as well. For instance, we got to hear the baby’s heartbeat for the very first time! The doctor was surprised by how easy it was to find, and she said that it sounds strong and regular (music to an expectant mother’s ears!). Hearing the heartbeat was incredible, and it’s a sound I’ll never forget…and not only because I recorded it on my Iphone ;)

Then this weekend, my oldest sister, Sarah, was in town – and she suggested taking me baby shower registering! Since she’s due with #3 in November, she has just recently researched and purchased all new infant gear and offered to help educate me on what she’s learned. Boy, am I glad she did! Buy Buy Baby was overwhelming, and without her help I would have been just a clueless idiot with a scanning gun. She knew everything that was essential to have as well as all of the safety/customer ratings for each brand. Now I can be confident in my choices of baby equipment, and for that I am truly indebted to her! Because there’s no cargo more precious than a bouncing baby boy or beautiful baby girl ;)

Finally, Tom and I made the big move to our new apartment this weekend. It wasn’t as difficult as it could have been since we decided to stay in the same building, but it ended up being a rather emotional event for the pregnant lady. When we finished cleaning the old place, left the keys on the counter, and turned around to take one final look at our first married home together – I totally lost it. And truth be told, still haven’t completely regained it yet. That apartment was filled with so much love and so many happy memories, that it was way harder to walk away from than I anticipated. But my wonderful husband keeps reminding me that we’re doing this for the baby (to get away from the noisy train tracks), and that we will make just as many – probably more! – happy memories in our new apartment with our new family. And that home is not simply a place, but wherever the three us of are…together.

No comments:

Post a Comment