The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, July 8, 2013

10 weeks




Well, it's official! Baby has graduated from an embryo to a fetus. Which means the most crucial part of development is over, and during the coming months baby will be rapidly maturing and growing. S/he has little finger- and toe-nails already and "peach-fuzz" hair is staring to grow. Baby's limbs can also bend now and s/he is swallowing and kicking like crazy! Can hardly believe s/he is already about the size of a kumquat...or that I had to look up what a kumquat was.

In case you were wondering, it was not my prenatal vitos that made me toss my cookies last week - it was what I ate with my vitamins. I realized this after eating the same thing as an afternoon snack at work and subsequently having another bad reaction on my car ride home. The culprit? Yogurt. I can hardly even say the word without gagging now. This is unfortunate as yogurt is technically a pregnancy "super-food," but apparently baby thinks it is a super-don't. Since "the incident" I have been avoiding Chobani at all costs and haven't had to run to the bathroom again...yet.

Baby had a lot of "firsts" this week! First concert, first 4th of July, and even made his/her first future friend. Baby’s first concert was Florida-Georgia Line, Thompson Square, and Luke Bryan at Summerfest...in hopes of encouraging baby's love for country music. We went to the show with Deidre (one of my best friends from high school) who, when she found out about she was going to be an Aunt, said she hopes it's a girl so she can buy her cute clothes ;)

Baby’s first 4th of July was nice. Tom had off work, so we went home to Oshkosh and spent the day with my parents and my sister, Kristen. We had appetizers and drinks on the lake (virgin bloody for me of course), saw a movie (during which my family was embarrassed by my uncontrollable laughter), and had a cookout for dinner. Then the whole drive home we saw fireworks light up the sky as proud Americans celebrated our independence. So happy that baby will be a citizen of this great country.

Finally, we spent Saturday afternoon in the park with our good friends, who announced that they are also expecting!! They shared the news by giving us a personalized onesie for Baby Leschke that says "My Best Friend is Baby [last name here]" on the front and "First Play Date February 2014" on the back. In the interest of keeping their secret, we are of course not revealing their identity...but we couldn't be more thrilled for them. My friend and I are so excited to be able to share this experience together, take maternity leave at the same time, and have instant future friends for our little ones. Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment