The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, July 1, 2013

9 weeks





NAUSEA. That pretty much sums up this week for baby and I. It turns out my strange food aversion/eating relief cycle is indeed a fun form of morning sickness  (or, as I like to called it, all-day-sickness). Except now the food aversion part has turned into full-fledged nausea, and the relief after eating only lasts approximately 20 minutes or so. Oh, the joys. Plus, I had the pleasure of experiencing my first round of physical illness this past weekend, which I am hoping was just the rare result of taking prenatals on a mostly empty stomach (fingers crossed!).

On a more positive note, Tom and I got to tell another person about Baby this week! One of our best friends from college, Stefanie, came to Milwaukee on business and spent a night with us. So instead of feigning illness to explain our avoidance of adult beverages, we decided to just take the opportunity to tell her in person (albeit a little early). She was so happy for us, and we were relieved to just tell the truth and be able to talk about it openly.

Telling lies and keeping secrets has definitely been the hardest part so far. This pregnancy is the most exciting and important news of our married life, so it’s counterintuitive to be hiding its existence from the people we love. And, with all of the happy hour and party invitations I have been turning down, I’m pretty sure my friends and coworkers are starting to think I’m super lame. Plus, I’m starting to run out of different variations of “I don’t feel good” and “I’m busy” excuses.

Well, as much as I would love to write more, it’s 10pm and waaaay past my bedtime. Okay, so maybe I am super lame…but at lease I have a pretty good reason for it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment