The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, July 22, 2013

12 weeks




Remember when I said I was looking forward to the next couple of weeks so I could get some energy and appetite back?! Yeah, that’s not happening. In fact, I have never felt worse. Previously, my moderate nausea would come and go throughout the day. Now it is not only constant, but more severe as well.  I have also been getting sick more frequently and in less convenient places (i.e. restaurants, car, work…basically anywhere you can’t make a mad dash to the bathroom). Even more aggravating is the fact that the foods I can’t keep down are the healthy ones: yogurt, fruit, vegetables, etc. Spaghetti? Fine. Pizza? Great. Grapes? Oh heck no. I’m starting to worry about this baby’s dietary judgment…

In happier news, we took Baby to his/her first Matt Nathanson concert this weekend! We found out last minute that he was playing at Festa Italiana at the Summerfest grounds – so we spent the evening there with my work friend, Danielle, and had a great time tasting some authentic Italian food and singing and dancing along to one of our favorite artists. 

Also had a great start to our week with my first trimester screening appointment. When the ultrasound began and the baby popped up on that screen, I could barely believe my eyes. S/he has grown leaps and bounds since our 8 week ultrasound, and the distinctly human form before me instantly brought tears to my eyes. I could not stop smiling. Baby showed off for me, moving around and displaying it’s tiny little hands and feet. The feeling was incredible. I snapped a picture of the screen and sent it to Tom (since he couldn’t get away from his surgery clerkship), who responded with equal amazement and joy. He was particularly happy to see the baby’s developing profile, which he thinks already looks like him ;)

Last but not least, we ordered, received, and addressed our pregnancy announcement cards! Now all that’s left to do is send them out at the end of the week, after I have my official 12 week check-up with my doctor. Can’t wait to FINALLY ANNOUNCE BABY LESCHKE!!!!
(Front)
(Back)


No comments:

Post a Comment