The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, August 5, 2013

14 weeks




Nothing quite like spending the first official morning of my 2nd trimester with my head in the toilet! Ugh. And my weekly pregnancy updates are mocking me with congratulations on getting my appetite and energy back. I wish! My doctor offered me nausea medication at my last prenatal appointment...and if I don’t start feeling better by the end of this week, I might just have to take her up on it.

I keep hearing that unhealthy mama=healthy baby, so that’s what I’m hoping for! This week, baby is about the size of a lemon, and his/her kidneys, liver, and spleen are starting to do their jobs. Baby has also started making facial expressions and is already sucking his/her thumb :)

In other news, Tom started his surgical rotation at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin this week, and so far it has been much more demanding than his previous one. He has been waking up at 4am and working 13+ hour days (boo!). But he’s taking it like a champ, of course, and making his wife and baby proud.

To relax after a long workweek, we spent some time at the cottage this weekend and got to see the Leschke’s close family friends, The Livermores. It was a long-awaited reunion for the “Liverschke” kids, and so much fun to share in the excitement of our pregnancy with everyone.

You are already anxiously awaited by many, Littlest Leschke!

No comments:

Post a Comment