The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, August 26, 2013

17 weeks




It is with great hesitation that I say this...but I think I might be sort of starting to feel better. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case things go south again, but I've had better control over my symptoms since my prenatal checkup on Friday. My doctor thinks my ongoing headaches are "estrogen headaches," and she is hopeful that I will be able to manage them through lifestyle changes (whew!). She increased my water and caloric intake and instructed me to eat more frequently throughout the day. She thinks this new diet plan will help with my headaches, nausea, and weight gain...so it's definitely worth a try! I thought I'd be miserable forcing myself to eat and drink when I don't feel like it, but it seems that keeping my stomach from being empty is key to keeping the nausea at bay (for the most part) and also diminishing the headaches. I haven't gained any weight back yet, but I've finally stopped losing - so overall, I'm on the right track!

Daddy-to-be had a lot of studying to do this weekend, but took some time off to watch the Packers preseason game with Baby and I at BWW on Friday and to get FroYo with our friends on Saturday. On Sunday, I took a day trip to Chicago with my parents to visit my sister, Kristen - who was bound and determined to find something cute and gender neutral (a difficult combination these days) to get her future niece/nephew. Grandma (Mimi) also got an outfit for baby that day, and Auntie Sarah had already sent a onesie combo and washcloths. Not to mention that all three of them have also already bought baby books and a few random other things (towels, blankets, toys, etc.). Needless to say, Baby Leschke is already officially spoiled! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment