The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, August 12, 2013

15 weeks




Sweet relief! I’ve felt relatively decent now for 4 days in a row. Granted, I’m nowhere near having my normal appetite back – but I also don’t feel like I’m going to throw up all over everyone…so I’ll take it! I’m still getting slightly nauseous when I go several hours without eating, though, so I’m highly looking forward to the day where I’ll feel hungry again instead of queasy. Plus I’m developing some particularly nasty headaches, so hopefully that doesn’t become habitual.

We had a pretty busy week this week. We met Tom’s mom and brother for dinner in Milwaukee on Monday, went to River Rhythms downtown with my colleagues on Wednesday, and went to Concerts at the Park in Hales Corners with our med school friends on Thursday. Tom also had his first overnight call shift at the hospital on Thursday, which was hard on both of us. But Friday we made up for it by going to the first Packers preseason game!! After a pretty disappointing Brewers season, it was exciting to celebrate the kickoff of football season in one of the greatest places on earth: Lambeau Field. 



We even walked away with a souvenir of Baby Leschke’s first Packers game…a 3-pack of GBP newborn onesies! (A must-have for any son or daughter of ours ;)

 
We stayed overnight in Oshkosh on Friday, and then headed to Little Chute with my parents on Saturday to see my Aunt Christie, Uncle Bill, cousin Scott and his brand new fiancé, Krista! We spent the afternoon grilling, sitting in the backyard, and celebrating the new pregnancy and engagement. It was great, as always, to see them and share in each other’s happiness.

But the really big news this week is….(drumroll please)….I felt the baby move for the first time!! It happened unexpectedly at work on Friday, and almost made me just right out of my chair! I had felt a few twitches/flutters in the past that made me question if it was the baby, but Friday’s movement was pretty unmistakable. It was a tumbling/rolling sensation I have never felt before in my life, and there was no other explanation for it. I eagerly called my mom afterward, who quickly confirmed my suspicions that I had, in fact, felt our baby for the very first time.

Then after lying down for bed on Saturday night, right as Tom put his hand on my belly to say goodnight to Baby, I felt him/her move again! It was almost as if Baby had sensed Daddy’s touch and was saying goodnight right back to him ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment