The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, October 28, 2013

26 weeks




HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Unfortunately, Baby and I will not be participating in any Halloween celebrations this year, because I am sick as can be.  Nasty cold + sore throat + blinding headache + dizziness – drugs = one miserable mama.

On the bright side, we did do some fun things before the plague struck this week. We saw Jersey Boys downtown with the Leschkes, did some maternity clothes shopping, and – most excitingly – picked up the last of our nursery furniture: the rocking chair and ottoman! We now have our crib, dresser, rocking chair, and bedding sets for either a boy or a girl. We’re waiting until after Tom’s first semester to assemble everything and officially transform the office into the nursery; but it’s comforting to know that we at least have everything in our possession. Plus, baby and I have already enjoyed some quality time rocking in our new chair ;)

I also received my baby shower invitation in the mail this week!  My sisters and mom did a great job picking it out, and I can’t wait to see what they have planned for the big day.  I’m so excited to celebrate Baby Leschke with some of my closest family and friends, get lots of belly rubs, and show off the mean half-outie I’ve been sporting the last couple of weeks ;)

As for Baby, he is developing more sensitive hearing these days and can distinguish mine and daddy’s voices when we’re talking. He’s also inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid now, preparing his lungs for his first breath of air! He’s continuing to build up baby fat, weighing in around 1 2/3 pounds and measuring about 14 inches from heel to head. Keep up the good work, little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment