The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, October 21, 2013

25 weeks




6 months down, less than 4 to go! The imminent arrival of our new addition is growing more real every day. Tom and I signed up for birthing classes this week (4, 2-hour sessions) that will cover labor & delivery prep, newborn care, and a tour of the Froedtert & The Medical College Birth Center. I also got my maternity leave plan approved by my supervisor and HR department at work; so I will be taking 2 months of full time maternity leave followed by 1 month of part time leave (working 2 days/week). With our post-leave work/childcare plans still undetermined, it feels good to get at least a few things finalized in preparation.

In other happy news, Baby and I passed our 6 month prenatal checkup with flying colors. Doctor says my glucose test came back normal, I’m maintaining a low blood pressure and healthy weight, and there are no traces of protein in my urine (a symptom of preeclampsia). And baby’s heartbeat is still strong and regular, coming in at about 150 bpm. We have been blessed with a healthy pregnancy so far!

According to my weekly updates, Baby is now about 13.5 inches and 1.5 lbs. She is finally putting on some baby fat (smoothing out her wrinkled skin) and growing more hair (which has color and texture now!). And mama’s uterus is the size of a soccer ball – which explains my increased difficulty breathing, walking through tight spaces, and bending over. Not to mention my virtual inability to sleep. But every time I tap my belly and feel my baby tap back, it’s totally worth it.

Not much else to report besides some bizarre pregnancy cravings. In the very beginning it was salsa, followed closely by a strange roast beef and s’mores stage. But after that I was relatively craving-free until very recently, when a few uncharacteristic desires had me running to the store - including, but not limited to: honeycrisp apples, cheese fries, bananas in orange juice, specialty Starbucks drinks, apple cinnamon cheerios, and anything red velvet. Aaaaand now I'm hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment