The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, November 11, 2013

28 weeks




Well hello, third trimester…I’ve been waiting for you! Today marks the beginning of the end. It’s hard to believe we’ve only got 12 short weeks to go. While the first trimester seemed to last an eternity, the second trimester flew by in the blink of an eye. I guess once the secret was out and I finally started to feel better, life regained a degree of normalcy for a while….and suddenly here I am in the final stage, 84 days away from motherhood.

As exciting as the third trimester is, it has wasted no time reintroducing me to some old enemies: namely fatigue, constant urination, and inability to sleep. They’re understandable symptoms, though, when you consider that Baby is a whole 2 ¼ pounds and 14.8 inches long in there – about the size of a large eggplant! He is blinking his eyes (that now have lashes!) and making big advancements in eyesight. He is also developing billions of brain neurons and accumulating body fat to prepare for life after birth.

Speaking of birth, I FINALLY got to meet my beautiful newborn niece this weekend! Baby and I took the first flight to St. Louis after work on Friday to visit the Brown family and their newest addition. Emmeline is tiny, precious, and perfect. I loved getting to hold her, to see how Isaac and Audrey adore her, and to watch my sister take on her new role as a mother of 3 with grace and dignity. 


 
And just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, my extraordinary husband showed up on my sister’s doorstep for a surprise visit! He wasn’t able to come initially because he had to work on Saturday, but when his resident let him go early (around 1:30pm), he just hopped in the car and made the 6 hour drive to St. Louis. He didn’t care that he would only get to stay for 19 hours or that he wouldn't get to study all weekend, he just wanted to meet baby Emmeline and spend whatever limited time he could celebrating with my family.  Everyone (particularly Isaac and Audrey) was so happy to see him. What a guy!



If you ask me, family is the most important thing in life. So to watch it grow in numbers and love is a truly remarkable gift. I’m so grateful for my husband, parents, sisters, nieces/nephew, relatives, in-laws, and all of the people who will bless our baby with their presence in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment