The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, December 9, 2013

32 weeks




I’ve been looking so forward to this week and the special event that it brought: our very first BABY SHOWER! My mom and sisters have been hard at work planning and preparing for the big day, and it certainly showed. The details were remarkable (from the cake to the decorations to the corsage), the games were fun, and the food was delicious! My hosts thought of everything – right down to carrying on our “somethings” tradition by having the guests write out wishes/advice/blessings for us as we begin this new chapter in our lives. I can’t express my gratitude for all the time, effort, and resources my mom and sisters put into the day to make it so special and memorable.





And a huge thank you to all of my family and friends who traveled near and far to make it to the shower. Each one of you ladies is a significant part of my life and I cherish your camaraderie, support, and love. And many thanks for spoiling Baby Leschke with an abundance of fabulous gifts – we are in awe of your kindness and generosity! Tom, Baby, and I are so lucky to have you in our lives.


By now, our little munchkins weighs upwards of 3 ¾ pounds and is about 16.7 inches long. At a rate of ½ pound per week, he’ll gain roughly half of his birth weight over the next 7 weeks. He now has fingernails, toenails, and actual hair; and his skin is turning silky smooth as he pumps up for survival after birth. 

This week at birthing class, we got a tour of where our baby will be born and learned all about pain medication options for labor. We’re feeling more prepared every day! Which is good, because receiving specific items that our baby will use and touring the place he will be born has made his arrival seem more real than ever before. And we couldn’t be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment