The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, September 16, 2013

20 weeks




HALFWAY THERE!!!!!!!! 20 weeks down, 20 to go. I can hardly believe how fast time is flying, and yet how much longer we still have to wait to meet our little one! I must say, it’s a huge relief to be over the halfway mark. The further away I get from all-day-sickness (and the closer to Baby!), the better.

Speaking of, I finally felt hunger again for the first time this week!! It was a long-awaited, highly anticipated feeling…that never went away. Yup, that’s right. I spent the better part of the last 5 months yearning for that empty stomach feeling to satisfy – and now that it’s finally arrived, it cannot be quenched. I must have eaten 3 consecutive breakfasts this morning, and alas, my stomach was still growling…

Makes sense though. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about pregnancy, it is that everything is an extreme. I sleep like a rock or I’m tossing and turning all night. I don’t have to pee or I’m going to wet my pants. I’m bawling my eyes out or laughing hysterically. There’s not much in-between. So I shouldn’t be surprised that it’s either food repulsion or gluttony. Now if the hunger truly never subsides, we could have a problem. But after 10+ weeks of what felt like the 24-hour flu, I’ll take it!

Plus, Baby needs nutrition for all the growing he’s doing! He weighs around 10 ½ ounces now and is about 10 inches from head to foot – roughly the length of a banana. His big project this week is swallowing and digestion (go figure). And in two short days he’ll be strutting his stuff on the big screen in front of mom-and-dad-to-be at the big anatomy ultrasound! Stay tuned for updates next week. We can’t wait!   
 
As for the week, it was a pretty busy one – complete with an in-law family dinner outing, final bridesmaid’s dress fittings, a Collin Hay concert downtown, and finally the big Lewis wedding weekend! Tom and I drove down to Peoria on Friday for the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and evening drinks (mocktails for us, of course); and spent the rest of the weekend celebrating the union of two of our closest college friends, Allison & Doug. The weather was beautiful. The bride was gorgeous. The reception was fun. In sum, the day was perfect. And Tom and I were so honored to stand up next to our friends on the most important day of their lives and witness their undeniable love.

And you know what they say: first come love, then comes marriage, then comes….;)



No comments:

Post a Comment