The Leschkes

The Leschkes

Monday, June 17, 2013

7 weeks




Another big week for baby! S/he has doubled in size since last week and is starting to develop little hands and feet! It’s crazy to think that such huge transformations are taking place inside me without me feeling a thing. Well, I shouldn’t say I don’t feel anything. I do have raging heartburn, and – sadly – my decreased appetite has seemingly turned into a global food aversion (sigh). It’s especially complicated because I have no desire to eat anything at all; but the longer I go without food, the sicker I feel. If I can actually force myself to eat something, I do feel some relief…so I guess it’s just the initial ingestion process that’s ailing me. Is this my own weird, personal version of morning sickness?!

1 week and counting until our first ultrasound appointment! While I hate to admit it, I’ve been relatively anxious thus far – so I’m hoping our first sonogram will ease some of my first pregnancy worries. By this time next week, we should be able to see a heartbeat and measure the baby’s development and progress. Hopefully we’ll be right on track!

Also by this time next week, Tom will be finished with his step 1 medical boards exam!! This Friday, all of his hard work and studying will finally pay off as he takes the biggest and most important test of his life. We are so looking forward to putting this arduous and stressful time behind us and having the chance to spend more time together…just the three of us ;)

Finally, a very happy Father’s Day to all current and expectant fathers out there! I was blessed with one the best, and I am so thankful that my baby will be, too. Tom is the most loving and devoted husband, and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be the consummate father as well. Baby and I are so lucky to have him in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment